News & Events
September 8, 2009
Record number of entries to CASSIES for proven business effectiveness, in spite of recession
(TORONTO, ON) - Despite the challenging economic times over the past year, the CASSIES just set a new record since the proven business effectiveness award program began in 1993, receiving 177 entries this year, up 34% from last year. Twelve of these entries were submitted to the new CASSIES award category this year: Success Despite the Recession.
"We believed when we launched the new category for success despite the recession that there were probably some great examples of how companies have weathered the storm and emerged ready to take advantage of better times. We had hoped to inspire some case entries and are really pleased to have received such a good response,” says David Leonard, Chair of this year’s CASSIES and President of DDB Canada.
“We think it also bodes well that so many more companies and their agencies have submitted their business cases to the CASSIES this year,” says Leonard. “We can’t wait to learn more about how they have excelled and proven their business effectiveness.”
CASSIES is the only Canadian advertising awards show that recognizes proven business effectiveness, backed up by rigorous published cases.
CASSIES Judging will take place later this month (Sept 21,22) under the leadership of Chair of Judging, David Rosenberg, Partner, Creative Director, Bensimon Byrne, who leads an industry panel representing clients, agencies, media, academic, interactive and research disciplines:
- Rob Assimakopoulos, Snr. VP Marketing and Commercial Assets, CFL
- Lucie Bouthillette, Directrice Commercialisation, marché des particuliers, Fédération des caisse Desjardins
- Patrick Beauduin, Vice-président Création convergente, Cossette
- Carmen Ciotola, Vice-présidente Communications marketing, Tourisme Montréal
- John Finkelstein, Partner, Creative, Grip Limited
- Cynthia Fleming, COO, Carat Canada
- David Gibb, Executive VP, managing Director, JWT
- Karen Lee, Senior Media Manager, Coca-Cola Ltd.
- Mandeep Malik, Professor, Strategic Market Leadership and Health Services Management lecturer, McMaster University, De Groote School of Business
- Terry O'Reilly, Writer and Director, Pirate Toronto/New York, Pirate Toronto
- Martin Sansregret, Président, TAM-TAM\TBWA
- Tom Shepansky, Founding Partner, Rethink
The 2009 CASSIES will be celebrated in an evening event on Thursday, January 28, 2010, in Toronto and Montreal.
CASSIES is presented by
Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA)
Association des agences de Publicité du Québec (AAPQ)
Association des professionnels de la communication et du marketing (APCM).
ABOUT the CASSIES:
CASSIES is the only Canadian advertising awards show that recognizes proven business effectiveness, backed up by rigorous published cases. As such, the CASSIES Awards are highly valued by both advertisers and agencies alike. Since its inception in 1993, CASSIES have recognized the business achievements of over 200 campaigns from Canada’s top advertisers and agencies. All award-winning case studies can be viewed in the Case Library section of the CASSIES web site at www.cassies.ca.
For more information, please contact:
Jani Yates, President, ICA at 416.482.1396, ext 230 or email@example.com