Welcome to the CASSIES
The CASSIES is Canada's premier advertising awards, the only awards focused on the effect advertising has on driving advertisers' business based on published case studies.
To win a CASSIES, you need three things:
1) Great advertising. The CASSIES was set up in 1993 to showcase how Canadian-produced advertising can be instrumental in profitably advancing the business goals of advertisers in Canada across short, medium and long-term time horizons. We believe that great advertising and great results are not mutually exclusive, in fact they are symbiotic. Consequently, the quality of the advertising as perceived by the judges forms a part of the judging criteria: 30% of the overall scoring.
2) Great results. Given the above remit, it is crucial in writing a CASSIES case that you are able to show the impact of the advertising on key business metrics. The strength of the results accounts for 30% of judges’ scoring. In Packaged Goods categories these would include sales, consumption, market share and profits; in the Cause category they would include donations, engagement and awareness. While some clients are wary of releasing such data into the public domain, every case needs to be formally approved by the client to be submitted. Not being able to highlight the progress made on such metrics for reasons of confidentiality is a severe hindrance to the winning of a CASSIES.
3) A compelling business case. Probably the biggest single reason why submitted cases fail to win a CASSIES is the failure of the case-writer to demonstrate to well-informed, sceptical judges that the great results were primarily brought about by the great advertising. 40% of the judges’ score is on how convincing is the case. As case-writer, you have to prove with a well-constructed argument that the advertising drove substantial and significant results, actively demonstrating the results were not caused by other factors in the marketing mix. To ensure consistency of approach, we insist all cases are submitted in a set format using this site’s case template.
This site will help you not only enter your case but make it as strong as possible. Please take the time to read through all the sections before commencing with your case. Good luck!
How to Enter
To enter the Cassies, you are required to submit a rigorous written case study with supporting advertising materials. In addition you may also submit a video summary of the case, no more than TWO MINUTES in length.
Step 1: Registering Online
Key CASSIES points to note
1) Entries have to come from a "client/agency" team (the agency can be in-house).
2) For all CASSIES cases, the work must be substantially conceived and created by the Canadian-based team submitting the case i.e. it must not be a lift or adaptation of work created elsewhere.
3) Judges award three levels of prizes: Gold, Silver and Bronze. They will also decide on a Grand Prix Best of Show. Each case is decided on its own merits irrespective of the level of competition within each category. Equally, there may be some categories with no winners. You may enter as many cases, or an individual case into as many categories as you wish (as long as your case meets the qualifying criteria for each category), but no individual case can win more than two awards in any one year. The decision of the judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into.